Over four thousand of the world’s best dancers will come together for the World Hip Hop Dance Championship, an event true to the real values of hip hop culture. Crews from over 50 countries will compete to capture the world title and international bragging rights while hip hop icons, artists and celebrities make appearances and perform.
In addition to the World Hip Hop Dance Championship, HHI’s eight-day event schedule includes the world’s top street dancers who will represent their countries in the World Battles; Breaking, Popping, Locking, Whacking and All Styles.
Junior: Ages seven (7) to twelve (12)
Varsity: Ages thirteen (13) to seventeen (17)
Adult: Ages eighteen (18) and older
MiniCrew: There are no age restrictions – all ages may participate
MegaCrew: There are no age restrictions – all ages may participate
• A crew consists of a minimum 5 to a maximum of 9 members.
• A MiniCrew consists of 3 members.
• A MegaCrew consists of a minimum 10 to a maximum of 40 members.
• A crewmember whose age falls between two age divisions in the competition year (ending December 31) may compete in either division within that year. Example: A 12-year-old turning 13 by December 31, 2020 may compete in the Junior or Varsity division. Likewise a 17-year-old turning 18 within the competition year (by 12/31/2020) can compete as a Varsity or Adult.
• Each participant’s proof of age (indicating date of birth) will be verified by HHI.
National qualifications within each HHI affiliated country (see WORLD AFFILIATES) are conducted annually to determine who participates in the World Hip Hop Dance Championship and World Battles.
Dance crews, MegaCrews, Breakers, Poppers, Lockers and All Stylers from countries with no qualifying event may contact Hip Hop International to request a special invitation to participate.
Please visit http://www.hiphopinternational.com/world-hip-hop-dance-championship/ for more details.