K-pop (short for Korean Pop) is a musical genre originating from South Korea that is characterized by a wide variety of audiovisual elements. Although it comprises all genres of “popular music” within South Korea, the term is more often used in a narrower sense to describe a modern form of South Korean pop music covering mostly dance-pop, pop ballad, electronic, rock, hip-hop, R&B, etc.
Due to the persistent efforts of Korean Cultural Centre India, K-pop which forms an integral part of the current Korean Culture has marked its success and popularity in India through K-Pop Contest India, held every year since 2013.
• Entries will be accepted from 16th April, 2018 11:00am (IST) till 14th May, 2018 11:59am (IST).
• Multiple entries will not be entertained.
• Any entry apart from K-POP will not be entertained
• No English songs or English versions of Korean songs will be acceptable, even if performed by Korean artists.
• One FULL song must be performed; there is no limitation on time.
• K-Pop Contest 2018 India is a nationwide contest and participants can upload videos irrespective of whether their city is chosen as a regional round venue or not. Participants must apply to one region that they are currently based in/ nearest to.
• Full names of all the members should be clearly mentioned in the registration form.
• Direct point of contact provided in the registration form should be active with communication.
• The number of members cannot be changed and members cannot be replaced under any circumstances, or else they will be disqualified.
• In case of any invalid/misinformation or not fulfilling the criteria of the registration form will lead to disqualification.
• The songs performed irrespective of the category must remain the same for all rounds and cannot be changed under any circumstances.
Please visit the contest site for more details