The Frameline Completion Fund provides grants to emerging and established filmmakers. This program seeks to provide a much-needed source of financial contributions to artists who often struggle to secure funding to complete their works. Grants up to $5,000 are available for the completion of films that represent and reflect LGBTQ+ life in all its complexi`1qty and richness.
Submissions are being accepted for documentary, narrative, experimental, animated or episodic projects about LGBTQ+ people and their communities.
The Fund also seeks to bring new work to under-served audiences; with this in mind, we especially encourage applications by women, people of color, transgender people, intersex people, asexual people, non-binary people, disabled people, and other underrepresented people and communities.
The deadline for this year’s submissions is October 31, 2018. Entries must be postmarked by this date.
Grants are given ONLY for completion; therefore, projects must have 90% of production finished and be in the post-production phase or ready to begin post as soon as funding is in place.
• Projects in development, script-development, pre-production or production will NOT be considered.
• Grants will ONLY be given to projects about LGBTQ+ people and their communities.
• Grants are given to individuals with creative and financial control of the project. In the case of collaboration, a sole project director must be designated as the applicant.
• Grants will be given to projects in any film/video format, of any length, genre, or nationality.
• Student projects are eligible as long as the student maintains artistic and financial control of the project.
• International productions are accepted.
• Members of the staff and Board of Directors of Frameline are ineligible
Please visit Frameline Completion Fund website for more details.